Mardi Gras 2017 Quotes, Sayings, Food, Drinks, Recipes, CakeMardi Gras 2017 is on so what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and go to New Orleans to enjoy awesome parades. Incase you are unable to attain those parades of Mardi Gras than don't worry here we are up with some awesome quotes which will take you to a tour of Mardi Gras from your screen of laptop or cell Phone. So following are some great quotes on Mardi Gras day or Mardi Gras 2017 make sure you will read to the end:
Mardi Gras Quotes and Sayings:
- "An American has not seen the United States until he has seen Mardi-Gras in New Orleans." — Mark Twain
- "There's a thing I've dreamed of all my life, and I'll be damned if it don't look like it's about to come true-to be King of the Zulu's parade. After that, I'll be ready to die." — Louis Armstron
- "Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once." — Chris Rose
- “And the glorious Night is approaching — this quaint, old-time night, star-jeweled, fantastically robed; and the blue river is bearing us fleets of white boats thronged with strangers who doubtless are dreaming of lights and music, the tepid, perfumed air of Rex’s palace, and the motley route of merry ghosts, droll goblins, and sweet fairies, who will dance the dance of Carnival until blue day puts out at once the trembling tapers of the stars and the lights of the great ball.” — Lafcadio Hears
- “Mardi Gras is in our soul.” — Kim Priez
- "I think Mardi Gras is a symbol that we're down but not out." — Arthur Hardy
- “Mardi Gras, baby. Mardi Gras. Time when all manner of weird sh*t cuts loose and parties down.” ? Sherrilyn Kenyon, No Mercy
- "It's a great party, and anyone who doesn't enjoy Mardi Gras is not of this world." — Franklin Alvarado
- "Mardi Gras is a state of mind." — Ed Muniz
Mardi Gras Food, Recipes, Drinks, Cake
Mardi Gras translate as “fat Tuesday” in French. What’s so fat about Fat Tuesday? Well, after Fat Tuesday comes Ash Wednesday, aka the first day of Lent. So Fat Tuesday’s your last chance to party hearty and indulge in rich food and drink before you give it all up for Lent.
For serious party people in New Orleans, Mardi Gras means more than just one wild night. It’s a whole “carnival” season that starts 12 nights after Christmas (aptly named Twelfth Night) and goes all the way to midnight on Fat Tuesday. Throughout the weeks of carnival season, Mardi Gras revelers dress up in masked costumes and take to the streets with food, drink, music, and parades. And the closer it gets to Lent, the wilder the parties get.
Mardi Gras Drinks - Cocktails, Shampion, Beer, Vodka, Whiskey and moreHere are the top 5 drinks which you should try:
1. Raspberry Key Lime Margaritas
2. King Cake Jello Shots
3. Purple Haze Martini
4. Low Carb Margarita
5. New Orleans’ Hurricane
Mardi Gras Cake:
King cake is the main part of Mardi Gras 2017
- Have you read this: What is Mardi Gras and How it is related to Fat Tuesday and Shrove Tuesday?