New Orleans Mardi Gras 2017 Schedule, Parade Route, Photos, CelebrationMardi gras is not just a single day but it is a whole season just like Christmas, and the date when it begins on moves around. The Fat Tuesday can be any tuesday between February 3 and March 9. On January 6, The twelfth Night (feast of Ephinany) is when the celbration of Carnival starts and picks up speed through midnight on Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday.
How do you know which tuesday it will be?
The schedule is like Ash Wednesday stats always before 46 days of Easter, and Fat Tuesday is always the previous day of Ash Wednesday. Easter falls on any Sunday that is from March 23 to April 25,with exact date to coincide with the first Sunday after the full moon following a spring equinox.Viola, There you have it. To get more clear idea about it, get out the calendar that has the holidays printed on it. Ash Wednesday is always after Fat Tuesday.You may also like: What is Mardi Gras and How it is related to Fat Tuesday and Shrove Tuesday?
Mardi Gras 2017 - New Orleans Mardi Gras Parade Schedule
Here are a few of the highlights of Mardi Gras 2017. View the entire Mardi Gras season parade schedule here.
- The festivities initiate proceedings on Friday.i.e.Jan 6, with the Krewe of Joan of Arc marching through the French Quarter, and Phunny Phorty Phellows parading around the Garden District towards Downtown.
- Krewe du Vieux and krewe delusion agglomerate the evening of Sat.i.e.Feb 11, in the Marigny and French Quarter.
- On Sat.i.e Feb 18, Mardi Gras's tiniest parade which is 'tit Rex' (complete with shoebox-sized floats—awww) and the sci-fi themed Krewe of Chewbacchus roll through the Marigny. The following day, you'll find the costumed puppy parade recognised as the Krewe of Barkus (double-awww!) in the French Quarter.
The so-called "super krewes" start rolling on Sat.i.e. on Feb 25 (with the Krewe of Endymion) which is followed by Bacchus (Sunday, February 26), Orpheus (Monday, February 27) and, on the morning of Fat Tuesday, Zulu and Rex.
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 (Mardi Gras)
Mardi Gras Day! The festivities start early, with Krewe of Zulu (and their famous coconuts) rolling through Uptown at 8:00 a.m. Krewe of Rex – featuring the King of Carnival – follows, plus parades for the krewes of Elks Orleans and Crescent City.
- Check also: Mardi Gras 2017 Events, How to Celebrate and Where to celebrate Mardi Gras with king cakes?
Mardi Gras Day Parade Schedule:
- Tuesday February 28, 2017->
- Krewe of Zulu -8a.m., Uptown.
- Krewe of Rex - 10 a.m.,Uptown.
- Krewe of Elks Orleans - Uptown, follows Rex.
- Krewe of Crescent City - Uptown, follows Elks.
- Krewe of Argus - 10 a.m.,Metairie.
- Krewe of Elks Jefferson - Metairie, follows Argus.
- Krewe of Jefferson - Metairie, follows Elk.
- Krewe of Lyra - 10a.m.,Covington.